This brand was introduced in June 2006 and has many loyal consumers most of whom became adorers after their first trial.
It is positioned in the market as a ready alternative to local food items. Our Semolina brand is, without exaggeration, the quality brand in Nigeria.
The demand is very strong, outstripping our production capacity as a result of which we had to expand our semolina extraction capability later in 2006 after its introduction and then again in 2007. A further expansion of extraction capability is planned for the year 2009.
Honeywell Semolina comes in unique and colourful packaging, easily identifiable (looks green-white-green).
Unique Selling Points
- Honeywell Semolina is superfine in nature and creamier in colour than other semolina brands. This gives it a very good look and feel.
- Honeywell Semolina’s quality allows it to turn into a jelly paste quickly during preparation. This makes it very easy for busy housewives and other domestic servants to prepare without stress.
- Honeywell Semolina absorbs more water than other Semolina brands and therefore give higher yield. This is important for large families (especially DE income group) and food vendors.
- Honeywell Semolina moulds very well in the hand, comparable or even better than pounded yam – it doesn’t break and mess up the hand.
- Honeywell Semolina has a unique, pleasant taste and aroma in the mouth making for pleasurable eating.
- Honeywell Semolina retains its freshness, firmness and consistency for much longer after preparation; so it can be prepared well ahead and kept in the cooler. It is especially appropriate for dinners at home; for group outings; and for restaurants/food vendors.