Honeywell Superfine Flour
Honeywell Superfine Flour is used mainly for baking bread, which is fast becoming the staple food in most homes. It is also used for baking cakes, biscuits, pastries and other confectioneries.
Our brand is the acknowledged quality brand in the market and is sought after by discerning bakers.It is also used by many bakers across the country as a blend with other flour brands as a assurance for a quality outcome during the baking process.
It is available only in 50kg bag sizes and is packaged in polypropylene bags for easy handling by bakeries.
Market Strength/Unique Selling Points
- Honeywell Superfine Flour is a national brand that enjoys high quality perception from Bakers.
- It used to be premium priced, but has now adopted a parity pricing strategy versus leading competition.
- It comes in very bright packaging and a unique logo: the swoosh design and Honeywell Flour Mill logo.
Unique Selling points:
- Honeywell Superfine Flour is superfine in nature and whiter in colour than other flour brands. It absorbs more water than other flour brands and therefore give higher yield to bakers. The higher the yield, the more profits bakers make. This is Honeywell Superfine Flour’s strongest point.
- Honeywell Superfine Flour gives great oven spring, allowing bread produced from it to always have well formed edges.
- Bread produced from Honeywell Superfine Flour remains softer than other bread for longer days.
- Honeywell Superfine Flour is the only flour brand in Nigeria that is produced from world-class quality wheat following world-class processes and systems that are ISO 9001:2000 certified.
The company is making continuous efforts to add other products that are derivatives of wheat to its product portfolio.
Best Handling Procedures
- Ensure First-In-First-Out (FIFO) usage (and never use expired ingredients). FIFO enables you to use best flour or Ingredients every time. Use of expired ingredients leads to poor yield.
- Ensure clean environment, clean equipment and clean staff every time. Bread or products get bad within 3 – 4 days after baking, if poor hygiene is maintained.
- Good airflow is required during storage. Warehouse must be well spaced and ventilated. If store is not airy, flour will get caked and mouldy. (Bread will get mouldy, if not properly cooled before putting in the nylon.
- Never allow water to touch the flour before usage/baking. Warehouse roof must be leak proof every time. Cover Honeywell Superfine Flour with tarpaulin while transporting in rainy season.
- Stock Honeywell Superfine Flour on Pallets. During stacking, allow 6 inches space to the wall. Flour will cake if stored on bare floor, or if allowed to touch the wall.
- Fumigation is needed every 3 months to kill rats and insects. Rats and insects will damage flour.